I think there are a lot of misconceptions about what it means to have a personal trainer. For some, it means having a coach in home or at a gym 2-3x week to help with workouts. For others, it means working with a trainer in home 1-4x month, just for guided creative progression and maintenance of proper form. For other more advanced athletes, it is a coach who provides a progressive program every 4-8 weeks and keeps you on track.
So why have a a personal trainer? Here are the main reasons:
- Accountability: A trainer will keep you on track. You are accountable for the work (or lack therof) that you do. In order to progress the schedule must be followed.
- Motivation: A trainer motivates you not only by standing over you through every set, but also through real life insight and dialogue- both from personal experience and client anecdotes.
- Empathy: A good trainer understands your challenges and supports you through with empathy that can help you overcome the challenges that you face.
- Creativity: A trainer has hundreds of exercises and stretches in a repetoire, and can customize a workout that targets your individual strengths and challenges.
- Progression & Results: A trainer knows how to safely and effectively progress your program so you achieve results injury free and reach your goals!
- Social Health & Education: A trainer helps to educate you on all areas of fitness, in a reputable, reliable and personable manner. Knowledge is Power!
Having a personal trainer will put pep in the step of your fitness pursuits!