Skip to main content

Food Plan Strategies

I have never been a fan of eating in my car. It always struck me as unfashionable and sloppy somehow. Perhaps this is because I most often see people eating fast food in their cars.

I spend a lot of time driving between clients and am pretty busy every day. One of my resolutions this year has been to stabilize my blood sugar levels more consistently, and to this end I have started eating in my car. It is difficult to manage eating otherwise when I am gone from 7:45AM until 5PM each day, without a structured/regular "lunch break". Each day is different for me so lunch in my car is my strategy.

I struggle with appetite and am a picky taster. I like a very broad range of flavors but only certain ones at certain times. I tend to get into cycles. My go-to in the car right now is a peanut butter and jam sandwich on my delicious homemade bread. I cut it into quarters and can graze on it between a couple of clients. Once I get bored with it I will switch to something else for a few weeks I am sure. Fruit is also always a go-to. I like clementines, grapes and bananas in the car.

I also now never drive without water. It's another strategy to better my hydration levels consistently, and it really helps!

What are some of YOUR food plan strategies for this year? Tell me, I am always looking for inspiration and tips :)


Comments

  1. Hey... Just found this on Pinterest. This refrigerator oatmeal looks yummy but I have not tried it yet. She also has smoothy recipes that might travel well. http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne- the refrigerator oatmeal looks really good. I must try that. I LOVE the idea of smoothies in the car. 2 travel mugs- 1 for coffee and 1 for smoothie. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BulletProof Coffee

I have a client who regularly makes us a cup of BulletProof coffee before our workouts. I have come to enjoy its flavor. BulletProof Coffee is simply black coffee blended in a blender (not mixed with a spoon), with clarified grass fed butter (Ghee) and a medium-chain triglycerides (MCT) oil (Coconut oil works). Apparently there are benefits to brain function by blending healthy fats with your morning coffee. Also it has ketonic diet sympathies, as the fasted body in the morning continues burning healthy fat as energy, reducing hunger and helping with weight management. This is my understanding, anyway. I find it tasty and it perks me up :) Interested in making this for myself, I went to Amazon looking for products. Here is what I found- typical of protein powders and health food supplements, I found a lot of packaging and marketing. This BulletProof coffee package which costs $75.99 for coffee and some hyped up coconut oil? Then there is this Ghee at $57.99. As I added thes...

I don’t have a Diastasis- Why is my abdomen still distended postpartum?

I get asked this question all the time! Here is my answer: Research has shown that 100% of pregnant women will develop some degree of diastasis recti. A diastasis is a lateral separation in the abdominal wall between the recti or “six pack”, due to a stretching of the midline connective tissue or “linea alba”. Although some diastasis will heal postpartum, in many cases a separation will remain without restorative exercise. Distention from DR will present as a doming in the midline. Women who heal a diastasis spontaneously or through restorative exercise may still find that their abdomens are distended, particularly after a meal and/or at the end of the day. If there is no diastasis, why is this? This abdominal distention does not occur in the midline, but rather across the entire abdominal wall. This is due to a weakened hypotonic TVA- transverse abdominis muscle. The TVA is the deepest anterior abdominal muscle, wrapping around the midsection like a girdle, with a left an...

Teaching!

I love teaching. It is one of my passions and I am working towards incorporating more of it into my professional repertoire. As a personal trainer I teach 1-on-1 all day every day. When I present to groups, I reach more people at the same time. Since 2006 I have been giving talks at the Running Room to clinics of all distances. I love educating runners about core, effective cross training, incontinence, and the importance of training smart. Knowing they all want to be uninjured and still running in 10 years, they are a captive audience and I am always very well received. My runners give me great feedback, they love my talks, and the instructors keep inviting me back. I think my genuine enthusiasm comes through, and is a tremendous strength of mine when teaching. In 2014 I designed a Trainer Trainer Workshop to educate other fitness professionals on Diastasis Recti, pelvic floor wellness, and safely training the pre and postnatal demographic. It's a 4 hour presentation that I...