Today is Day 3 and I planned an upper body focused high rep intermediate exercise workout. I was conceptualizing a hybrid set reps/time challenge of 2 workouts I did in the past week. In planning I grossly overestimated reps, planning 6 rounds of 5 exercises, 20 reps/set. Because 2 exercises were offset, the total reps per round = 140.
After Round 1 I was 10:00 in realizing that with rest I was likely facing a 90 minute difficult strength workout. Ya no chance. I shaved it down to 4 rounds, hoping to complete 3, which I did. Here are my exercises and times:
- Breakdance PU (Knee to Elbow w/crab twist) 20 reps x 3 2:27/2:30/2:25 = 7:30 60 reps
- Side Lying Tricep Pushup 20 reps/side x 3 2:03/2:25/2:00 = 6:30 120 reps
- Reverse Pull Up 20 reps x 3 2:00/2:00/1:36 = 5:30 60 reps
- 1 Arm Press Up 20 reps/side 2:00/1:30/1:30 = 5:00 120 reps
- Star Lunge Jumps 20 reps 2:45/2:45/2:30 = 8:00 60 reps
Then the baby woke up and another set was out of the question anyway. Not bad for a Day 3- I still feel like I have gas in the can but I know better than to overdo it :)